Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

not receiving external e-mail too

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOOJOO00

Programmer
Feb 12, 2003
NL
Problem is here:

Internal mail (recieving and sending) works fine.
Outgoing mail is fine too. But receiving external mail does not work.
We are using Exchange server 2003, with a POP account. We have also an application running, its called Popcon.... this is for receiving mail. All the settings are correct, port 25 is open, DNS is correct, no error messages in Outlook and in Exchange server. The POP account we have is a MX record from xs4all... i called them already but they have no answer either.
I checked every inch of the exchange server and the POPcon, but they working fine... even.. the POPcon application gets some mail (mostly spam) but does never reach the exchange server.

I hope anyone has a solution.... its getting frusty after 2 days of checking and checking, etc...

Many thanks in advance!

- Ronin71 - R>F>> SNAP!

Is there anyone who has an idea??

- Ronin71 - R>F>> SNAP!

I don't know if this would help, but we had an issue in our environment where we couldn't use Popcon when installed on the server itself. It turned out to be an Anti-Virus software that was blocking entry through the port Popcon uses to connect to the server. We just had to make setting changes on the Anti-Virus software.

We were getting error messages in Popcon, tho, I believe, and that doesn't seem to be your case.

Hope that helps in your situation.

Chris
IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back