Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not receiving CLID on DS16V2 only after replacing it, BD mods are receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

broody81

Vendor
Jan 18, 2006
US
We have a site with a 500V1 4.2 (yes 4.2) and they recently lost their DS16V2. We replaced it with another DS16V2 and although it works fine, the extensions on this one module are not receiving CLID, however all the extensions in the BD mods are. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Software level wrong of the DS16V2?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I'd be looking at the firmware on teh DS16

I believe that the DS16 also needs an intermediate software load (in the 4.1 bins directory), which if missed causes odd things to happen. If i recall correctly, it was advised to use the intermediate loader even when moving between 4.1 loads. I'll caveat that with the statement that 4.1 sofwtare was a long time ago > 5yrs and I've forgotten a lot of things in that time. The in

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Good points. I am not sure what the DS16V2 is running at since it was not new. If the 500V1 is at 4.2 and the DS16V2 had been upgraded in a previous environment, it could even be running higher from an R5 or R6.

Do you guys think I should just upgrade the whole thing to the latest 4.2 or maybe even 5? They don't want to spend a cent. Plus, it's networked to 2 other 4.2 sites so I am thinking of staying 4.2 for that reason.

Just upgrade the module.
It should show 6.2 for that.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back