Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not receiving all external email

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanley

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
US
Good day.

I have an Exchange 2000 server and an Exchange 2003 server in my environment. I am gradually migrating to the 2003 server with an eventual decommission of the 2000 server. When I move my mailbox to the 2003 server, I receive some external email but not all. In addition, some internal email ends up in junk email.

The Exchange installation on both servers is in native mode with all of the service packs applied to each. Exchange 2003 is running service pack 2.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

your new server has the same recpt. policy to match smtp addresses?
is your old server compleatly gone of the network? perhaps some emails are in the 'old mailbox'
All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

lebisol,

I'll have to check the recipient policy to determine if it matches the old server. In addition, the old server is not completely gone. I am just at a stage to begin moving mailboxes. I need to thoroughly test the new server for a time before making a wholesale move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back