Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not really RPG - More of a printer config problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieCairns

Programmer
Apr 2, 2003
US
except I'll be generating the print I want to see from RPG programs...
I know this is the RPG board, but don't know where else to post this... Feel free to tell me where to go - what forum to go to anyways...

CA400 on a win95 PC - hooking up a Brother Laser (HL-1435) Printer thru parallel - can't seem to come up with any Font/Emulations that play nice. Underlines show as strikethru's, letters too big, no mattert what font I choose. Host Print Transform, when turned on, just runs paper thru the printer - no printing.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Jamie

You would do better in the IBM servers,, as the as400 folks are over there, they also reside here too. You using host transformation on the printer session??

When the straight ASCII didn't go (it rarely does) I tried configging it as either an IBM3812 or as a HPLJ3 (seem to work for about half the lasers that aren't explicitly listed) - when that didn't work I tried Host Transform for the same 2 models - still o go...

It's currently set as a 3812, without transform, and though the text is readable it isn't pretty, and if and when the user wants wider reports (ie 198 char wide, like many of our reports) we'll have to figure something alse out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back