Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not Ready Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdulfo

Technical User
Aug 21, 2003
US
I have an existing Symposium Platform that I am looking to introduce Not Ready Codes to.

What pitfalls should I look out for, technical and user ..

In your PBX, make sure you have package 155. You'll need to configure the ACD queues, of course, and ensure you have an Activity Code (ACNT) key on the phones. When you develop your list of codes, think about what you will use for default codes. Do not use 000 as a code -- this is the default value that the "Not_Ready_Default_Reason_Code" takes, and if it is in use elsewhere, statistical calculations (pegging) of the "Not_Ready_Default_Reason_Code" will fail.

Is it 'safe' to change a feature on an ACD-DN or due you need to out it and recreate from scratch.

I have just discovered that my ACDs are not setup with NRAC set to No.

I have been burned too many times to suggest you would be safe doing a change. And of course the phones need to be deacquired. If it were me, I would out and rebuild.

How do verify what packages are installed in the switch?

I have been trying to get Not Ready Reason codes to work with symposium and my I2004 sets. I have the codes set up right and the ACNT and NRD keys on the sets but no go.

Thanks.

Never mind I remembered how to check the packages. 155 is for the ACNT Key. My problem was that my ACD queue feature NRAC was set to NO.

Thanks.

Any ideas why when I enter a not ready reason code the display on my I2004's shows 2 digits for every one I press.

I'll press the not ready key, the ACNT key will blink, I press the ACNT key press 9, my display shows 99, press the ACNT key again, check the report, it says I pressed 9 not two nines.

Weird.

I think there is a patch available for that. Ask your vendor for it (Rel 25.15?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back