Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not Ready Activity Codes in Symposium

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelcoMan769

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2004
US
I am attempting to setup the Not Ready Activity codes for our agents. I have made the changes to LD 23 and the agent sets per the Nortel docs. When the agents go onto NR, the ACNT key flashes and prompts them to enter a code. This part seems to work properly. The codes have been setup in Sympo as well. However, when Sympo reports are run, the codes do not appear anywhere. Any suggestions?

Brian Thornton
Spherix, Inc.
Beltsville, MD

What report in Symposium are you running? There's also a Nortel: Symposium Call Center Solutions forum that may be of help too... -Matt

Matt H.
TMC - KCMO, USA

I have tried several different reports, Login/Logout, Activity Code by agent, etc. still no luck.

Brian Thornton
Spherix, Inc.
Beltsville, MD

OK, so you went into Symposium under Switch Administration then Activity Codes, and added the ones that you put in the PBX, right? When you run the Activity Code by Agent or Activity Code by Application, are they just blank reports? -Matt

Matt H.
TMC - KCMO, USA

You have to run "Not Ready Reasons Code By Agent" report. This will give you the info you need.

Tks phonetechsd; we don't use notready codes so I was flying blind.. glad you knew! -Matt

Matt H.
TMC - KCMO, USA

Yes the codes are added to Sympo. When the report is run all that sidplays under each agent is 'System_Default_Activity_Code.' All the agents are displayed, but no specific codes. In your reply, you reference adding the codes to the PBX. Where is this done. I have followed the Nortel docs and not found anything that I may have done incorrectly.

Brian Thornton
Spherix, Inc.
Beltsville, MD

Thank you very much phonetechsd!!! Helps if you run the right report.

Here's another on for you...

On our Login/Logout reports, betweeen the LI & LO events, we get numerous 'Error:no such type' messages. Our other office has the same H/W (81c,Sympo,etc.) and does not get these errors. I figured it was caused by the NR codes, but I guess it isn't. These errors turn what should be a 3 pg report into a 17 pg report. Any thoughts?

Brian Thornton
Spherix, Inc.
Beltsville, MD

Sorry, my brain was working on something else when I wrote that; did you try phonetechsd's suggestion? His report seems to be the one you're looking for; the ones I referenced were for call types not "not-ready" reason codes; my bad... -Matt

Matt H.
TMC - KCMO, USA

Thanks for the help heavnema.

Brian Thornton
Spherix, Inc.
Beltsville, MD

You're welcome - I think phonetechsd's answer is what will get you going - much appreciated phonetechsd! :) -Matt

Matt H.
TMC - KCMO, USA

TelcoMan769,

Glad I could help. I had the same problem w/ this when we first started w/ not ready codes. Went through all the reports to figure it out.

Steph

My company is looking into trying this as well. Can you point me to the Nortel Docs that go through the ACD and Agent changes needed? My company isn't very good about keeping manuals around, and I can't find it in the few PDFs I've managed to find online.

Nick Jeske
Telecom Admin
N.I.A.
Sacramento, CA

X11 Features & Services guide pages 179-184. 'Activity Codes for Not Ready State'

If you need further help, let me know.

Brian Thornton
Spherix, Inc.
Beltsville, MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back