Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not possible to synchronize by pressing F9 key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glloq007

Technical User
Nov 22, 2005
LU
Hi all,

Does somebody could help to find a solution at my problem ?
I'm a nubby with MS Exchange 2003 (Windows server SBS 2003 Standard edition).
Each time of one of the client of the network try to synchronize his mailbox by pressing F9 key, he receive the following error message :

Task 'Microsoft Exchange server' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

Only 3 PC on this network have this problem. All others users can work normally.

I tried to remove and reinstall the complete Office 2003 suite, but it still the same problem.
From Microsoft site, they suggest to repopulate the offline address list. I've done it, but still the same.

Now I don't know how to solve this problem. Reason why I'm coming into this forum.

Thanks for your help.

This is because you have Outlook configured to download the Offline Address List. You'll need to tell your Outlook client where to find this on the Exchange 2003 server.

Go through the following menus in Outlook to fix this: Tools; Send/Receive Settings; Define Send/Receive Groups; press Edit button; press Address Book Settings button; click OK twice to get back to Send/Receive Groups window and then press Close button. After restarting Outlook you should not see this error anymore."

MCSE NT4, 2000, 2003

Hi Grimmy,

Thanks for your reply but your suggestion did not dolve the problem.
Now all is working fine but they still receive the same error message.

If you have some others ideas they are welcome.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back