Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not getting correct response when Telneting port 25 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garob

Technical User
Jul 23, 2003
GB
I look after w Windows 2003 DC , with Exchange 2003 , all patched up. Firewall is a Cisco and no changes have been made. The Email Server worked fine yesterday.

When I'm trying to telnet into port 25 I get the response

220,*******************0*2**************
*********200************************0000
The number of * may not be exact but that is the message.

Instead of the correct response. My own Email server is acting as the 2nd MX record. When I stop all MS Exch services and the SMTP Service my mail server picks up the mail no problem (also 2003 and Exch 2003)

I'd be greatful for any help.

Garob

Important bit I forgot to put. Cannot receive email from the outside world. Can send and receive internally .

Contact you ISP, if you have a business line your probably have several IP address allocated to you, if you using a consumer line then you need talk to them about providing some type of smtp service, so the mails are delivery to their server and you configure your exchange server to connect and down the message every few minutes…. It’s a standard service most ISP provide.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back