Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not found or couldn't be accessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeean

Technical User
Sep 13, 2004
GB
I have several backup servers, most of which are running Backup Exec 8.5 on Windows NT

Here is a line from the log file of one of the backups:

Unable to open the item /usr/lib/scosh/pipes/pdg54f7_0001 - skipped.
File /usr/lib/scosh/pipes/pdg54fc_0001 was not found, or could not be accessed.

Nothing new here, it happens quite a bit. Although I get several of these lines in the log, the backup still finishes with a "success". There are no other error messages in the log file

However, on a different server, running version 9.1 on Windows XP the same error messages appears (with different file names), but this time the result of the backup is a "fail"

Can anyone suggest why this keeps failing. And while we're at it, why do I keep getting these annoying "can't find or access file" errors

Many thanks,

I am not using OFO or AOFO at the moment either

You probably are getting the errors due to the files being in use. That's what OFO or AOFO are for (Open File Option).

Ignore the end result of Fail. All that means is that one or more of the files couldn't be backed up. The intention is to get you to look at the job history and see what files failed in the backup. Everything else succeeded.

-SQLBill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back