Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not enough rights to complete transaction (EC=5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2002
US
I'm sure there is a simple solution for this error, but I'm new to the product and could use a little help.

The backup server is a Win2k machine in an NT4 domain. I recently installed Arcserve along with a Dell Powervault 120T. Everything looks fine in terms of all devices are seen by the OS and Arcserve. But when i try and submit a test job to backup the arcserve server itself or any remote servers, i get the following error : There are not enough rights for user xxxx on server xxxx to complete this transaction. (EC=5).

I've created a user account to be used by Arcserve with all necessary permissions as outlined on Computer Associates website.

Also, when I use the backup wizard to start a backup, i get a slightly different error: An error occured while submitting the job. ARcseve job queue error. (5) Failed to submit job.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

BTW...i checked the FAQ and have already done those steps...I am still getting that error.

Oops....stupid mistake on my part. I forgot to check the actual share permissions. Didn't think that would have an effect on a local backup, but anyway.

The ARCserve system account should be a member of Admins, backup operators
& domain administrators. The domain admins must be set as the primary group.
It should have the advanced user rights such as logon as a service, act as
part of the operating system and logon locally. The arcserve folder must be
shared as ARCserve$ and the permissions must be admins-full control, backup
opeators-change and everyone-read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back