Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not enough memory to open the illustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcjay

Technical User
Oct 14, 2002
US
I have been working on a design. I saved the file and now no matter what file I try to open I receive a message that there is not enough memory to open the illustration................. Any suggestions. :(

Live free or die

I was just about to post this excat same question! I'm running OS9 and Illustrator 9 will not open a couple of files that I've been working on in plain .ai format. Photoshop still opens them. But apparently Illustrator doesn't "have enough memory" even though I have restarted enough memory and way more than the amount of RAM this file would need. My tech here at works thinks the file is corrupt, but he is more of a PC tech. The mac guru of the office is out for the day. Help would be much appreciated!

Still working on this problem, there is some info on the adobe page about it- I'm trying an upgrade to 9.0.3 instead of 9.0, hopefully that helps, or someone out there has been through this before

Well, solved my own problem, but just for the record in case anyone was interested if you dowload the upgrade to 9.0.1 the file will open. Or... just get your boss to let you freakin upgrade to OSX! (I am, don't worry, just anxious)

I have experienced similar problems (and then some!) I am using Illustrator 10. I recently installed a new system, migrated my data files, and reinstalled Illustrator 10. Initially, Illustrator returned some minor error messages about a plug-in, but let me open my files. After a short while, I encountered "unable to save file - not enough memory" (I have over a gig of memory) followed later by "unable to open file x.ai" files - essentially any Illustrator file I had created. Now I'm pretty much dead in the water. I uninstalled and reinstalled, thinking there might be a corruption somewhere, but that didn't help either. Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated. There doesn't seem to be any info available on the Adobe website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back