Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not enough disk space on device running OFO to create or increment the

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiDeR11

Technical User
May 17, 2000
US
<b>EVERY</b> morning I come to work and find &quot;OFO: Not enough disk space on device running OFO to create or increment the static volume.&nbsp;&nbsp;A minimum of 30 MB of available disk space to start the OFO operation is needed; during the backup, 10 percent of the capacity of the disk must be free.&quot; in <i>Veritas Backup Exec</i>'s Job Monitor.<br>The OFO: Initialization failure occurs every night on nearly every volume selected for backup.&nbsp;&nbsp;The partitions are 8 GB each, and there is far more free space than the message recommends.&nbsp;&nbsp;How can I fix this and prevent myself from being fired?&nbsp;&nbsp;Please help:-(

How much disk space do you have on the server volume and if different how much on the drive with the backup exec software?

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Have you purged old files lately?<br> <p>James P. Cottingham<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= Veneer Co., Inc.</a><br>All opinions are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Select Tools -&gt; OFO assistant and increase your parameters.<br>Hope this will help you.<br><br>Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back