Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

not creating email address for new users

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxfaj

MIS
Aug 8, 2001
US
has anyone encountered this problem? : I created a new user but for some reason it does not create an email automatically. we are running e2k with sp1. I checked the recipient policy it is okey.. I waited, and waited and still it didnt generate the email . thanks in advance..

It takes awhile. Goto Recipient Update Service ->right-click in the right-pane and select Update Now. This will help speed the process up

hi there,
I tried it still didnt generate the email address even though the user was assigned a mailbox. before it only takes 15 to 30 minutes , now it is not doing it at all.. thanks for the feed back. happy holidays ...

Have you got enough licenses to cover the new users?, goto License Manager on your DC to verify

Did u install Exchange System Manager an the Client, from them u create the new Users?

ravan

Thanks DudeUK you are right it is a license issue. thanks a bunch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back