Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not covering after vector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2010
US
Good day everyone!

I have setup multiple vectors for our main number and everything is working good except when the person wants to dial the 4 digit extension the phone rings and rings and it never goes to cover. The person at that extension can see the phone ringing and can answer it, but if they are not there then it just rings and rings.

Here is what I have:

1. Call comes in to main trunk - trunk destination is 3900
2. 3900 is a Hunt Group - Hunt group dial ext 3400 for 4 rings.
3. If no one answers than it goes to vdn 3920.
4. vdn 3920 goes to vector 50.
5. Vector 50 plays accouncement (press 1 if you know the four digit extension).
6. Caller presses 1.
7. They are directed to vector 55.
8. Vector 55 says:
a. Collect 4 digits after hearing announcement 4917
b. rout-to digits with coverage y
9. Caller dials 3636
10. Phone rings at 3636 but never goes to cover.

I want the person to be directed to the extensions coverage pather after x number of rings. Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks for all the help!

Brian

does station have a cover path set of youre audix group?

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Yes. If you call my number (3636) and I dont answer it goes to voicemail after 4 rings. You can call it from the outside, inside, or be transfered to it and it covers to voicemail everytime.

Your forwarding it to many times, why not in Vector 50 have one of the steps say if you know the extension dial it now, and route to extension.

There are more steps in vector 50. The caller has the option to press 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 or 0. The recording is to long and dont want the caller to wait any longer than they have to.

I thought that as long as you have Y marked on the rout-to digits with coverage y, then it should follow the coverage path of the extension you just dialed.

So I've narrowed it down. If I call the vdn 3920 directly and press 1 then dial the 4 digit extension it goes to cover.

Ive also missed a step in the first post. Ext 3900 is a hunt group that goes to coverage path 6.

Coverage path 6 then tell the call to ring att for 4 rings then goto v3920.

Im thinking since it have already went to coverage path 6, its not going to cover any more?

Sorry if this is confusing, im just going in circles over here!

Thanks again for all the help!

You're right, the VDN is a coverage point therefore the call will not follow any other coverage paths.

You may have to use your voicemail system as the automated attendant instead of the vector. The voicemail will initiate a new call when an extension is dialed so the call will go to coverage.

Since the VDN is in Coverage Path 6, make sure the setting for Cvg Enabled for VDN route-To Party is set to Y on Coverage Path 6. This will enable the coverage for dialed extensions in the vector step if the VDN is reached via Call Coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back