Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not authorised to access server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidneynzioka

Technical User
Dec 4, 2003
KE
Hello people,

I am running on Lotus ver 5.0.6 and when i came in this morning, i received this error on my mailbox.

Server error: You are not authorised to use the server.

What could be the problem???

Please assist.

Rgds

Sidney

You've possibly been removed from the Address book or added to a Deny Access group. Ask your administrator to check it out for you.

Hope this helps

I am the administrator...and i have made no changes on the server...

A change has been made, nonetheless.
Are you sure the certificate of your ID has not expired ?

Pascal.

could it be what is called the admin. process? the only change i made was to alter my full name...could that be it?

Yep, that fits the bill nicely, especially if you didn't do it the proper way.

I don't know what the proper way is though. An admin will certainly have more to say on this.

Pascal.

You need to go throught the correct name change process using the admin client. This will make the change to all access control lists, readers fields etc. Have a look at the admin help for detailed instructions.

If not done correctly you will get locked out as your name won't be found in the Domino Directory.

Do you have another user with admin rights that can do this for you. The other way is to launch the client on the server using the server ID (not ideal but OK in this case) and do it that way.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back