Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not allowing users to view tables/queries/macros etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerboy

Technical User
Apr 27, 2001
US
I looked in the A97 help index on how to set it up so that when a user opens the db, all they see is my Switchboard.

This is what it said:
You can set the StartupShowDBWindow property to False to hide the Database window so the user can't see the tables, queries, macros, and modules within your database.

But it didn't tell me how to do this?

Do security permissions have to be set first? When I use the examples that come with A97 (like the Northwind db) it opens the db, but then minimizes the dialog window right away. (I already tried clicking off the Display Database Window in the Startup box, but the dialog box still comes up when I open the db).

Thanks for any help...
f.

OK, now it seems to work. It seems that all I had to do was get completely out of the db after unchecking the Display Database Window.

I would still be interested in knowing how I would go about setting the StartupShowDBWindow property to false.

Thanks again! :eek:)

f.

Hey, I don't know if its the same in A97, but in A2000, there is a "Startup..." menu secection uncer the "Tools" menu. The "Display Database Window" check box is what you are wanting.

-Dustin

Hey Dustin,
Yeah, there is a Startup menu in A97 as well and there is a Switchboard Manager. I'm really new to Access (but having a lot of fun with it) so I apologize if some of my questions seem stupid! :eek:)

-Frank

Hey, no prob man. The best way to learn is to ask questions. I'm pretty new to Access myself so it makes me happy to help sombody else.

-Dustin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back