Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not allowing printing of preview report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dons1000

Programmer
Jul 18, 2006
US
Hello,
I have a Access 2003 application that for one report I only want to allow it to be previewed but not printed or exported. How can I make sure that once
the report is previewed that it can't be printed or exported?

I deploy the application using the runtime but what happens if someone has the full version of access
installed that allows them to right-click on a report and print or export it?

Thanks

You could make a custom menu that is empty except for the "close" option. Put that menu on the right click of the report. You probably want to customize the other menus in a like fashion. Then you attach those menus to the report in the properties dialog.

Alternatively, you could go to the startup menu and deselect the option that allows default short cut menus. Then NO menu will appear if you have not created one.

How do you assign a menu to the right-click event? I've done it on forms on the mouse up event but I don't see that on the report events.

Thanks

Don

It's actually a property.

Create a custom menu and change it to "pop-up".

Then, in the report, go to the property dialog. Click the "other" property. There is a property called "shortcut menu bar." You should get a drop downlist of all the pop-up menus in the system. Just select the one you want and save. Done! :)

How are ya Dons1000 . . .

You could also [blue]disable[/blue] the [blue]Print ToolBar & File Menu buttons[/blue].
while in preview!

. . . and lets not forget the infamous [red]Ctrl+P[/red] has to be captured as well!

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

How do you capture and stop ctrl + P?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back