Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NOT ALLOWED when trying individual trunk access on CO trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaJ

Vendor
Jun 23, 2010
ZA
Two of my customers analog trunks have stopped working all of a sudden. When trying a individual trunk access on the either of the two suspects trunk ports you just get presented with a NOT ALLOWED message. All six onboard LS ports are configured the same and has the same trunk attributes assigned to them. ALL class of services allows individual trunk access and a trunk access can be done on any of the other 4 ports.

Reboots doesn't resolve the issue. Any ideas? Is the ports blown perhaps?

MCD 4.1 10.1.0.69_1

NOT ALLOWED usually indicates a COR or Interconnect conflict. Check those.

I recently had a similar issue when trying to access thunks on a CXII. Trunks didn't work inbound and got a fast bust trying to access (don't know what was displayed as the customer was the one trying to access them). Reseting didn't help either. It was a database issue. Is DBMS check on? Mine was not and when I did a DBMS Check Full came back with errors. In my case I couldn't do a backup either but had one that was only a week old. Reloaded software and restored the databaxe and all was working again.

Double checked all COR/COS and interconnect numbers. All are the same... and correct.
DBMS Check full reveals no errors.

Seems that every time I try a trunk access it logs the following:

DAM audit recovered trk swid 2
at cab = 2 shelf = 1 slot = 1 circ = 6
in transient state 5 for too long
owned by process hex 00 application 0

2116 is one of the trunks im getting the error on.

Can you do the following command:

St 2 1 1 6

What do you get?

Do us a big favor: Get one Analog extension from one of the ONS ports and loop it with LS port 2 1 1 6.

Then, do individual trunk access again. I am suspecting that the LS port is not feeling signal from the CO and its blocking it.

Give us some feedback. I am about to go to bed, we can continue tomorrow, cheers,

daniel

Is it in a trunk group? If not add it to a trunk group and test again. My fuzzy memory remember a while ago trunks had to be in a trunk group to be accessed individually.
Another thought in the analog trunk assignment form do they have an entry in the DTS Service Number field?

Craig

Outgoing trunk group - yup

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

OK, so after some more thinking I did what I should have done from the beginning- Created a blank COS & COR for both the ext and trunks and now finally i'm able to to do a trunk access on the trunk. (this is a customer we took over from a other company so there must have been some dodgy programming involved) Still cant figure out why it only affected two of the trunks as all the programming off the ports where the same.

Getting a trunk busy response from the port now although a state show the trunk is idle. Almost convinced its a telco issue now but because the customer is a few hundred kilometers away its hard to get an full diagnoses.

Location | Device | State | Owner | ID |Status
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 1 1 6 | LS on Embedded ASU | Idle | | |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The customer haves someone who could pull the RJ11 from the back of the unit and plug it in again? Or could they take swap one of the working with the no working. That would pretty much identify the issue.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back