Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

not allow calls even having a code in avaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

canijomxli

Technical User
Feb 1, 2012
MX
Hello good afternoon

I have the following problematic

I have an extension, this extension does not have to make long distance calls

that even having the code (which obviously someone passed) can make the call

is this possible?

My scenario is as follows

- Long-distance calls at the end of the dialing code you need
- People who do not give code does not make the calls

Beforehand thank you very much

sorry if it is a bad translation
I use the google translator

Sure, it's possible.

In Avaya, you assign permission levels to the numbers you dial. In Avaya, this is called FRL. If the FRL of the phone is less than the FRL of the route the call takes, then Avaya denies the call.

If you use codes from the provider, then it is logical to permit these calls for all phones and not be specific and restrict these calls for phones you do not want to call long distance because the telecom provider does this for you with their authorization codes.

If your problem is that users are sharing codes and you want to prevent this, then you must use FRL in COR of the phones and in route patterns for the trunks/lines to permit Avaya to let only certain phones dial these numbers. Your situation right now seems like everyone can dial everything and only the codes from the telecom provider stop people from making expensive calls.

Hope that helps!

thanks for your quick response
1 The codes are mine * -change in 1111- authorization-code * I made my codes
2 cor 1 all have in my case are local calls
3 I want is an X extension not make calls even having a stolen code

you can do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back