Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not All Variables Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotNetDunce

Programmer
Aug 23, 2001
US
Hi! I am a newbie to SSRS am using it to connect to an Oracle database. Until this point I've had no problems, but now I am setting up a dataset with a couple of subqueries and I am now getting this error: ORA-01008: not all variables bound. What do I need to do to get this to work? Here is my query:

Code:
SELECT LOCATION_DESC
FROM PMC_LOCATIONS
WHERE LOCATION_ID = (SELECT LOCATION_ID
FROM PMC_LOCATIONS WHERE DEPOT_FLAG = 'Y' CONNECT BY LOCATION_ID IN (PRIOR PARENT_LOCATION_ID) START WITH LOCATION_ID = (SELECT LOCATION_ID FROM PMC_EQUIPMENT
WHERE EQUIPMENT_ID = :EquipID))

Thanks in advance for your help!

Does the SQL run correctly outside of RS?

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Thanks for your reply! Yes, the sql runs correctly outside of RS. I don't really understand why it is giving an error in RS, but I did manage to work around it by creating a function inside of Oracle to return the recordset. All is well now. Thank you for answering my post.

Melinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back