Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not all directories are backing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

manda27

Technical User
Dec 2, 2002
EU
I went to restore a tape but the server is not backing all the directorys up - it states there is no SYS directory - Why is this happening?
How do I check that all data is being backed up??

I'm using Veritas backup exec 8.6 on windows nt.

Manda,

I'd need a bit more information to try help you.
Why dont you paste a copy of the job log so we can see the error. [sadeyes]

Cheers,
Tyrone

If it states the directory doesn't exist then it more than likely doesn't. check to see \\server\"dollar share"\sys or whatever local it says to see if it really is there. i have to do this every once and a while and then deselect the directory from the job description esp. terminated employees exchange mailbox because exchange keeps the mailbox "by design" for a month but when you delete the user from active directory the mailbox can no longer be backed up and you get an error saying the mailbox is not present so i have to deselect the mailbox in order to not receive an error. hopes this helps.

Also, make sure Backup Exec has the appropriate permissions to access the files. Since they are system files, the privileges BE has may not be enough. Check with your sysadmin.

-SQLBill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back