Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not all data shows in a cell for excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2000
US
In excel, whether it be office 97 or 2000. Not all text shows in a cell unless you click on it. When you do click, another box comes up and shows you what was typed, BUT you can't print that unless you cut and paste the new box. When I go to print the spread sheet, the only thing that shows is what shows in the cell without clicking on it. I have checked the books and your suppose to be able to add 32000 characters in a cell ( this is only about 200 characters). I did the wrap text, size to fit. everything I can think about... but I only get seven lines approx.. Even if I enlarge the cell... NO more then those 7 lines show and then just space. Any ideas would be greatful.. thanks in advance...

Hello,
I tried to replicate your problem. The only way I could was to ensure the cell to the right and the cell below the problem cell had been totally cleared; i.e. Edit>Clear>All.
Then you will see that all your data "appears."
Next, I formatted the problem cell (as you stated you did already) using the following steps (that you have probably already done):
Format>Cells>Alignment tab> Horizontal=general> Vertical=top> Wrap text check box=checked.

And, you also said you had autofit turned on.
Perhaps this answer just reaffirmed your self-confidence, but the next step would be to go to MS Excel support and peruse their info.
Good luck,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back