Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not Accepting Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

DexX7

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2002
US
I have a Citrix WAN Client configured on an NT 4.0 workstation. Out of the blue that client can no longer log onto the Citrix Server. We get a message "the citrix server you have selected is not accepting connections". I can ping from the client to the server and vise-versa. We can successfully authenticate into the domain (green screen), just can't get to Citrix. This worked fine for several months. Any Ideas out there???

DexX7,

Go to Start -- Run -- Cmd, and do a "change logon /query"
this will tell you if logins are disabled. If the are then do a "change logon /enable", this will allow you to connect to the Citrix Server.

TB :)

Thanks for your input TB. However i am only having this problem with one (actually two workstations). My other WAN clients and LAN clients establish sessions without any difficulty. TS and MetaFrame CALS are sufficient. TCP/IP is not an issue. I am baffled!!!!

I've had this exact problem. Only 1 or 2 Citrix clients not able to connect with a similar message that your users get. I followed the procedure for connecting after a temporary Citrix license expires.

Use Regedt32 or Regedit to remove the following registry entries on the CLIENT`S machine:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing\Store
Remove both the license000 and license001 keys. Removing these keys will force the terminal server to re-assign a license for the client's machine. After performing this procedure, the users were able to connect.

You could also try using the command

clicense /refresh

which will force the Citrix farm to refresh its licenses

Note; Thrillhouse's tip refers explicitly to Microsoft TS CALs, not Citrix licenses.

This issue does seem to be temporary licesnse related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back