Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

not able to see a profile that is mapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocker40

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2004
US
I am using win2000 server
As I set up users I map a drive to a folder for them thru the profile tab in their account. When they log into the domain they all have a path like this
\\servername\users\username
I have 2 users that when they log in they see a path to the "users" folder instead. They do not see their folder. Which allows them to open the users folder and see all users instead of just their own.
It is as if the path being applied for them is \\servername\users instead of the above
I have no group Policies applied to these 2 users.
One user is on a NT and the other on a WIN2000.
I have deleted their profile and recreated it and remapped their drive in the profile tab.
Could somebody help me with this?
Thank you
Dave

I had to just add this . I did not see a way to edit it. Could there be something on the local machine doing this?
If I log in as them on a different machine They get the proper pathand see their folder. It only happens on the 2PC's they are using now.
Thanks
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back