Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not able to print from Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwbviper

Technical User
Oct 22, 2002
GB
Hi there,

I'm having trouble printing from our DOS based Finance Package. It's a DOT_Matrix printer connected through LPT1 to a WinXP machine. The printer is shared to give permission to Everyone. There are 2 Win98 PC's which are working fine, although i am trying to connect another WinXP PC. It seems to work fine through Windows, although when trying to print from Opera, the PC just hangs.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

have u tried contacting tech support from where u bought opera?

Hi projector1,

I contacted the support company previously and was told it was a hardware issue, whereby i contacted the company we have hardware support and was told it was a software issue. They have just blamed each other.

Cheers

cwbviper

It is not a hardware issue. Opera is a DOS based program - Use the NET PRINT command to specify the UNC path and LPT Port for the printer on the XP m/c that uses Opera - Opera uses DOS to print and does not detect printers installed on Windows.

something like:

NET PRINT LPT1 \\printserver\printer /yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back