Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

not able to get to server

Status
Not open for further replies.

at51178

Technical User
Mar 25, 2002
US
Hey guys

I have a home 2000 domain and a xp client I currently have a mapped network drive that was set up when I installed xp and I also have terminal services which I use to get to my server and all that is working with no problem I can even log on to the server with no prob
What I want to do now is to map another drive from a folder on the server bu for some reason when I get to the domain in network neighborhood and I click on the name of my server which is called winserver0 I get this message after a log wait

"Winser0 is not accessible. You might not have permissions to use this network resource. Contact your local administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions
The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available."

I also forgot to mention that I can go to terminal services in my server and click on network neighborhood and I am able to see the client on my server and I am able to go in my client and view all the shared folders.
I am also signed in as administrator on my client so I assumme that I should already have to righs to log in.

any one help me thanks

Locator problem. XP client should point to server for DNS. Server should be set to forward unresolved to ISP. If DNS is not configured, you can check the box for netbios on the TCP/IP/advanced/wins tab on both machines, and probably get by. Jim - Synnex Info Tech

Thanks for the help but I realized what the prob was

I didn't set the correct permissions on my shared folders that is why I couldn't get through thanks for the help anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back