Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not able to do Backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

webfoot

Technical User
Mar 28, 2003
US
Everytime I try to do a backup, it looks as though it s backing up but before it finishes the staus comes up : imcomplete. Does anyone have any ideas ?....too small tape, Arcserve not working right? Am I not setting some action right?

Check your Activity Logs. They will give you a starting point to know what exactly is not completing. Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

As above -
General Tips (from my limited experience):

Start by looking for any Red 'E' (error messages) and look these up first.

Check the 'Backup User' has access rights to the areas you are backing up.
See the Providing Security Information for remote Machines (pg 3-25) & Troubleshooting ARCserve sections of the user manual (Answer 2 on page A3 in my copy >NT<).

If you have deselected any files or directories from the backup tree this can also cause problems. It's best to omit these out using the Filter option.

Another favourite is 'Open Files'. If Arcserve encounters any 'Open Files' it cannot access it'll flag the backup incomplete.
You could alter the way Arcserve attempts to backup these open files using Retry & File Sharing options. Here you could change the 'Retry' option to 'Retry after job' or increase the amount of time Arcserve waits before trying to the access the file again (depending on your backup window). If you still get problems with open files you could try the Open File Agent.

Being fairly new to Arcserve myself - If anyone else has any basic tips I’d like to hear them.

Cheers Steve

Hi can any body help me out to solve this problem in my arcserve IT.

&quot;failed to start backup. DBNAME= dba exchange, EC = backup agent error ...... 331, insufficient privilege check user priviliges&quot;.

so this is the error message it is giving.

can you help this out to solve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back