Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not able to complete login

sbankscharles

Technical User
Oct 8, 2023
US
I have an Avaya IP Office 500 on VLAN 5. My phone, a 9611 G, is connected to another VLAN that has access to VLAN 5. When I connect my phone it goes through the boot process, shows VLAN=5 then starts looking for the DHCP Server. Next it displays HTTP: 1 http://192.168.5.4:80/96x1Hupgrade.txt, then "Contacting the call server". After that I get the login screen to enter the extension and password. As soon as I enter the password and hit done it shows "Discover 192.168.5.4".

The phone works fine on another VLAN and has been registered. I do not know if this is a routing issue or if something else is going on.

Charles

Discover x.x.x.x is always a routing/firewall issue.

What device is routing between the vLANs? Are there any NAT/firewall/security rules between these vLANs?

What's your "IP Route" look like in the IP Office?

Here is the hint, working on another VLAN (nnaarrnn has given a good advise to look at the routing in the IPO)
This means you have a network problem, either on the IP Office side or the routing side within the network.

What is the answer when the phone downloads the 46xxsettings.txt file?
905?
1-1

anything but 200 means that it requested the file but could not retrieve it.

Thanks for the replies. I think I understand what you are saying. So, the VLAN that the phone is on is 10.200.0.x. Just so I understand, I need to add that to an IP route on my IP Office?

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back