Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not able to browse network

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadV

MIS
Apr 15, 2004
US
There is a 98SE system at work that is no longer able to browse the network. It can map a drive and see the network, but freezes up when trying to browse it. I am able to ping the network and the internet, but windows will not browse the network and IE comes up with page cannot be displayed. I tried scanreg /restore, but did not help. I figure it has to be a windows issue because I am able to ping anything I want. Help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad

This might occur if a user did not log on correctly. You may have full use of the computer but not allowed on the network if not logged in as a registered user.

pc.gif

Jomama

Thanks for the response, but that is not the case. Also, if it was, you would get an error message instead of it locking up.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back