Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not able to access shared directories on SBS 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottew

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2003
US
We have a SBS 2003 box (Server1) and a server running Server 2008 R2 Standard (Server4) which is basically a web server for a custom application. Server4 has a few virtual directories which point to Server1.

The problem that we are having is that every so often, Server4 is not able to see any of the shared directories on Server1. Therefore, we are not able to open any documents through the custom application. Everything else is working fine when this occurs.

I have looked through the Event logs but nothing sticks out to what might be causing this problem.

Any ideas on what might be causing this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

I've ran into this same problem before but mine was happening after a set amount of time, in my case ever 3 hours.

I don't know why this fixed it but I disabled my TCP offloading (IPV4, i don't use IPV6) on my servers nic's (both of them) and this fixed my issues with odd network errors between 2008 and 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back