Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

not a valid office add-in 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsgoodtobeking

Programmer
Jun 5, 2003
US
I receive the following error upon opening Outlook 2000:

'C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\' is not a valid Office add-in

I can't do anything until I click on the OK button and then everything appears to work fine. I am running Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2000 is loaded as part of the Office Pro 2000 suite. I have tried re-installing outlook, but that didn't work. I also tried the Outlook Detect and Repair.

I would appreciate any input on how to eliminate this dialog box.

When going to Tools-Options-Other-General-Advanced Options-Add-In Manager, I didn't notice anything unusual. However, when I clicked on the COM AddIn button, I received the same error I receive when first opening outlook, but the COM AddIn box had no AddIns listed in it.

Do you have any files in that \Addins\ folder? If so, try removing them from the folder & see if the problem goes away.

itsgoodtobeking,

I have the same problem and have tried redcap's suggestion but to no avail. Pls let me know if you find the solution.

see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 310334. It addresses this prob

mccall you rock! Although the KB article listed a different key from what I had, deleting it worked like a champ. Hopefully itsgoodtobeking will check his thread so he can get back on track as well.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back