Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not a Valid Export File

Status
Not open for further replies.

scohan

Programmer
Dec 29, 2000
US
Using Oracle 8i Personal Edition on Win 98 2nd Edition, I'm trying to import a file exported on a Sun Solaris box using Oracle 8i. I get the Imp-00010 error stating that the file is not a valid export file, header failed verification. The dump file was tar'd on the unix box, ftp'd to the 98 box and unzipped with Winzip.

I should be able to export from unix and import the file on win 98 right? Anyone have suggestions as to what I need to do to get this file imported correctly?

Unfortunately, this is the only export file I have of the db and I don't have the original ddl (I'm picking this up from someone else who walked.) I may be able to get some ddl or another export from them but it won't be a walk in the park. Thanks.

When exporting, the default values for certain parameters are operating-system specific. Specifically, the BUFFER parameter defaults to a value of 4K under Windows NT and the RECORDLENGTH parameter defaults to 2K.
I don't know what these parameter defaults are for Solaris.
But perhaps this has to do with your problem...

Fairly certain it was in binary since I'm aware of the need to do so. It was awile ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back