Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

? Norton Vs Mcafee ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thematetrix

Technical User
Mar 30, 2000
US
Hi Folks,<br>Can any one advise me on the difference between norton antivirus and Mcafee anti virus in a corprate NT and Win 95<br>enviornment. I need to make a choice and am not sure whitch is a better solution.<br>Thanking you in advance,<br>Steve<br><br>You can e-mail at <A HREF="mailto:dsteven1@earthlink.net">dsteven1@earthlink.net</A>

I don't directly deal with&nbsp;&nbsp;our virus administration but I can say that we used to use McAffee and the admin at our parent company had difficulty getting the auto definition updates to work correctly and we even had occcasional problems with manual updates (you had to do it multiple times to get it to &quot;take&quot;)<br><br>We have now switched to TrendMicro.&nbsp;&nbsp;Seems to work well. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most ...

Network Associates Total Virus Defence is an excellent product ecpecially if you are using NT and Exchange. It is a combination of McAfee and some other network tools.

I use Norton Anti Virus Solution Suite.<br><br>Expensive, but I consider it a worthwhile investment.

We use Norton Corporate Verson 7.&nbsp;&nbsp;The price I thought was reasonable, plus I bought upgrade insurance so when a new verson comes out it comes in the mail.<br><br>It has everything, Workstation rollout, Exchange, Firewall, Mac, central administration and novell.<br><br>I will say the documentation could be better.&nbsp;&nbsp;Purchasing the gold support gives free technical support, which you will need for version 7.<br><br>The Symantec AV center is good because they keep up on new virus and hoaxes (I use it weekly).<br><br>Consider the Corporate edition with gold and upgrade.<br><br><br>Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back