Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Internet Security 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

TZA3008

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2007
GB
Since updating from Antivirus 2006 to Norton Internet Security 2008 I cannot download my online bank statement direct into MS Money. It worked OK prior to the update and there has been no changes to Money.

Would it be the firewall or some other setting needs to be set to accept files from my online bank?

All clues gratfully accepted.

Hi TZA3008,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team writing to you in the hopes that I can help you resolve this issue.

From your posting it appears that you ran the update from Norton Internet Security 2006 to 2008. Sometimes, the update process can get corrupted, and some components may not work correctly. Please follow the steps in the following link to download and install the Norton Removal tool.

Norton Uninstall Tool Download and Instructions

After removing Norton Internet Security, restart your computer, and then please reinstall and re-activate the product if prompted.

Next, please follow the instructions in the following link regarding Microsoft Money , and making sure you have the latest updates applied.
Microsoft Money Update Error messages

Please let me know if this has resolved your issue.

Thank You,

Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation

I also have this issue when i went from 2007 to 2008. From inside money i can download statements from some bank but some still dont work. Its when i go to IE and then try that it always fails.

I have removed the software 3 times and reinstalled. When the software is reomved the download works fine with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back