Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NORTON GHOST

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyfrik

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
CA
I'm ghosting a computer and going to apply the image to 35 remote computers. The problem is they all have static IP's that need to be set. I've heard of a way to script static IP addressing with GHOST, so that I don't need to burn 35 different CDs with different IP addresses on them.

Any thoughts?

Go to the Symantec website and do a search for "sysprep" . This is what you need!

D

I have been here and sys prep is a very good way to go but for less work make the unit a member of a workgroup remove the ip address and make an image when you load this to other pc's you will still need to change the computer name as you can't have to the same on your domain/network

sysprep can do this for you but if my memory srves me you would have to re enter serial numbers and machine names anyway

the choice is yours

Hey, thanks for the Help, I'll give these a try.

Holyfrik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back