Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NORTON GHOST 2003 ERROR 40204

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnterhawk

MIS
Nov 13, 2001
US
I have a good image of a drive in a folder on an HDD. I can see it fine and open it and see the image using Norton Ghost 2003 in windows 2000. When I try to restore the image I get an error 40204 and it quits and goes back to windows.

I made the image using an external USB HDD Enclosure and had no problems with it. But each time I tried to restore the image it hangs and I get that error then it goes back to windows.

so I tried removing the HDD from the enclosure attaching it as Cable Select ...I can see the HDD and the image so I know it's there. but again I get the same error...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks in advance,
Len

Hi wnterhawk,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

Symantec has produced a procedural document which includes various steps you can take to try to resolve this issue. Please have a look at the following document and let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

Error "Can't find drive with specified disk identification.

Thank you,
Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back