Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton finds virus(es)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGarsdale

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2004
GB
On one pc out of 60+, norton reports that it has found and deleted two viruses AP0.htm and AP1.htm. Later during the day, this can occur again. I have been assured by the user that he has not (?) downloaded anything and I have tried 4 or 5 various anti-virus and spyware products, including CClean as suggested by another user, without success. Has anyone else come across this and solved the problem, and if so, would they please tell me how ?

Thanks in anticipation

John

There's no information on these files, but it looks like they are being created by your users using some program?

Why not find the files and right click them and check their properties, what program is creating them and at what times?

What is your line of work/business?

Member of ASAP Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals

under the name khazars

Tried all the above - no joy. I Googled the cause (came across it on another tech site that will remane nameless :->) as Trojan.Byteverify and found a 30 day free trial of Trojan Remover on Google. That cured the little beggar. Thanks for yor suggestions though.

John

Trjan byte verify is not a virus if your using Java and not windows java, all you need to do is go to control panel and click on the java icon and clear Java's cache!

Member of ASAP Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals

under the name khazars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back