Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Error message being displayed whenever PC reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvafmy

Technical User
Dec 27, 2002
SG
Hi I have uninstalled Norton Antivirus 2003 OEM from my PC which I downloaded from their website. I keep getting the error message below whenever I reboot the system. My operating system is win2000 . Pls assist me in advising how I can remove this error message whenever my PC reboots.
Pls find the error message below. Thanks

ccRegVfy.exe - Unable To Locate DLL

---------------------------

The dynamic link library ccTrust.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared;.;C:\WINNT\System32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem.

---------------------------

OK

Must be Norton's 24 hrs fro Hell. I had an episode with Norton yesterday, getting a message that someone had tried to alter my files and needing immediate attention. I sort of Uninstalled Norton but was unable to reinstall because I couldn't find the link to the application. All they gave me was a link to their store. I purchased mine thru the download site as well and it seems to have a real problem with Comcast for some reason. Anyway, I located the .dll in C:\Windows\Systems (I'm using Win98 so it may be different with 2000). I also did a Google search on ccTrust.dll and came up with a lot of stuff that might help including this site

Please read everything before you download it, but you might be able to get the file and reinstall it where it belongs.

Paul

Hi Paul thanks for the help I will trying this out and keep you informed.

I noticed that you purchased the Norton however in my case I don't wish to use Norton as their support is not very good in resolving the issue.

Will the above fix still be useful to me ?

Thanks

It sounds like you still have remnants of Norton (Symantec) still lingering on the machine. I would say you need to read thru some of the sites on Google like this exchange

Apparently a lot of people have had problems after an uninstall of Norton. You might want to look for a better forum to post your questions in than an Access forum also. You could try this one
forum96
It's a Window's 2000 Server forum here at Tek-Tips. They would probably have a lot more reliable info on repairing your system than we would. If you do get some answers, post the link here so we can follow along.

Good luck.

Paul

Hi Paul,
You pointed me in the right direction. After I downloaded and unziped the file in the " C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared; "
I rebooted my PC and received another message "SYMSTORE.Dll file missing. The cctrust.dll error message was resolved.

I then went to another site to resolve this

This site has also solved my 2nd problem and also removed the Norton residual as they have 2 programs for removal.
I just thought it may interest you if you have another query on this.

Once again thanks for your help. You were great as No more error messages on my PC . Hopefully it stays this way.

Best Wishes

Thanks very much for the update. I'm still having issues after my uninstall so I will take a look at the Support site.
Thanks again.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back