Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

norton coorporate antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

shah56

Technical User
Mar 2, 2006
KE
I have a workgroup of 9 computers all running windows xp pro.I am looking for a centralised antivirus software.
Can Norton coorporate antivirus be suitable?

At this point I think you can only buy Symantec Corporate but yeah, the corporate version will save you time and trouble with it's centralized console. You can view the (av) status of all machines on the network easily; central control of definition updates and reports, etc.

NAV Corp has it's good and bad qualities...I do use it and am for the most part happy with it.

Like they said it's really easy to manage and keep track of. It's pretty reliable at finding and protecting your from the bad stuff out there. Where I and most have is upgrading/installing etc.

When they send out an upgrade I always have trouble installing the upgrade. It's very bad about leaving pieces of itself behind even after an uninstall. If you go with it there is a removeallnav.bat script you can get off the net that's great in getting rid of the issues. I've had clients where I try to send out a new client version and it won't go. I uninstall the client and it still won't go. I then run the script and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back