Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton AVF for Exchange not working correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic102482

IS-IT--Management
Aug 3, 2003
US
Hello, I am having a small problem. On my norton AVF, it is letting some versions of the new emails come through but only to external users.

We have a distrobution list with nothing but external contacts in it. So I have a list like Tek-Tips Friends, and I have my own domain, and of course no one else resides on this domain, they are only contacts.

Now when an email comes to one of my users inboxes, it works just fine. Its tagged and then deleted as it should. But if it goes to my external users with external email addresses inbox, it goes to them without the norton exchange server filtering it at all.

I think its coming off of my server, because #1 its in the headers, and #2 its tagged as spam when it gets to the users domain. We have GFI mail essentials running off of a secure relay server and it tags all spam with the [SPAM] tag.

What can I do to stop this? Should I look at another antivirus tool for exchange?

I am using version 3.05 of Norton AVF.

It is still happening. The AVF doesnt open the attachment (email attachment) to scan inside of it, it only scans that message itself and then lets it pass.:(

Symantech is shipping me a new build of it, I will see if that does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back