Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Antivirus 2003 Error 1004,1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcompagno

Technical User
Feb 18, 2003
US
Hello,I am receiving the following error after installing Norton Antivirus 2003 Pro:

"Cannot import C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccreg.dat into the registry."
"Settings alert! Some Symantec product settings have been changed by an unauthorized program. This can indicate that an attacker or a virus is attempting to disable your program. To avoid problems settings will be reverted to their previous configuration and the system will be restarted."

I have followed all of Symantec's suggestions for this error. No luck.

Also, NAV will not even start once installed on the computer.

Any help appreciated.

hi pcomppagno,

I have the same exact problem on a gateway computer running win98. Have you had any luck or been able to fix. I am going today to work on the computer here and will let you know what my results are if you still need an answer, that is if I fix it myself today.

ccreg.dat error...I also have the same exact problem. Need Help.........

Howdy:

Sounds like you are a dollar late and are infected already with one of the many virii out there that disable av programs or prevent their installation..

Go to and run their online scanner.

Murray

I tried the antivirus download and it didn't find any viruses. I also tried booting Norton antivirus from the cd rom and it didn't find any viruses either. Doesn't seem to be a virus problem.

I would do as Murray has suggested and run an online scanner just to be sure.
No point troubleshooting any further if you are infected already.

Members of Tek-Tips provide answers to questions based on the information given. For the best answers, post detailed descriptions of the issue. Use the search features of the site to see if your issue was already addressed in another thread.

i have the same error.......1004,1
i have tried everything in the manual, did numerous viral scans from different places and it still tells me nothing...i dont know what to do, does anyone?

What operating systems are you running, and are there any programs etc running while you are trying to install?

Have you uninstalled a previous version of NAV before installing this one?

Members of Tek-Tips provide answers to questions based on the information given. For the best answers, post detailed descriptions of the issue. Use the search features of the site to see if your issue was already addressed in another thread.

I had this problem with one of my customers, uninstalled it and reinstalled with no luck.
Then I installed another version of Norton (8.0 corporate)
and the installation was successful .
When I updated the NAV and run a scan if found a virus on the system.
I didn't try to uninstall the corporate version and reinstall the 2003

Nick Mualim

FYI.

Also had the same problem. Could not reinstall NAV 2003 at all. Of course, the customer had tried installing it herself on an infected machine so that could explain that!

We ended up installing NAV 2002, bringing everything up to date with Live Update, and everything worked fine.

Did you guys with Win98 try updating the system to internet explorer 6.0? That helped me. You will have to reinstall norton after. Richard

I had the same problem. Although on-line virus scans detected nothing, I still believe I had one. First, I unstalled and manually deleted any folders and files related to Symantec and Norton AntiVirus. I then reinstalled a clean copy of IE5.5 I had on a disk. Next, I had to re-update all of MS Windows 98SE security downloads. I also had to do repeated scan disks to fix hard drive sectors and defrag. Finally reinstalled NAV 2003 and it worked after I updated a zillion virus defintions from their web site.

I am missing the ccreg.dat file. Can you help me with this ? Do I need to get this file from somewhere else?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back