Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Antivirus 2003 - Autocad 2002 - Problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zowark

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
IE
I am running Win98. After installing Norton Antivirus 2003 to my PC Autocad 2002 would not work.
"Acad caused an ivalid page fault in Module
AC1ST15.DLL
......"
Details says:
"A required .DLL file ICSAPI32.DLL was not found"
Switching on Dr Watson... shows:
"AC1ST15.DLL attemped to use a null datapointer variable"

Anyhow I know that one does not need ICSAPI32.DLL
to run ACAD2002, I checked with other users...

I have deinstalled NORTON 2003 Antivirus and after a
deinstall, I reinstalled ACAD 2002. Still doesn't work.

Symantec know's about the problem and "there is no solution at this time" they say.....

I also tried installing ACAD2002 on the root of C:/
nope doesn't work...:-(

I hope SOMEONE finds a solution very soon, without having to to wipe and reinstall the entire system!!! ;-)

ty for reading this

Got my anwser from the Autodesk AutoCad forum!

My Setup:
WIN98 and ACAD 2002 with NORTON Utilites 2002 working fine side by side.

Problem:
After installing NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2003 >> AUTOCAD 2002 would not start.
“invalid page fault in Module AC1ST15.DLL…”
Even after uninstalling NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2003 AUTOCAD still didn’t work !

Solution:
To date, only the full removal of NORTON ANIVIRUS 2003 will solve the problem.
The error has to do with norton anti-virus realtime monitoring. Specifically the SYMEVNT.386 file (file size:121kb dated:15.08.02)
in Windows\System and in Program Files\Symantec

Remove ACAD 2002 + ALL NORTON PROGRAMS. Make sure the SYMEVNT.386 file too.
Then reinstall the ‘older’ Norton programs back again. After reinstall, AUTOCAD 2002 should work again.
It did for me. :)

Summery:
The latest version of NORTON causes the error conflict with AUTOCAD 2002.
Older versions of Norton that worked with Autocad 2002 will still work.
SYMEVNT.386 file (file size:118kb dated:22.06.01) works fine…

It took me over a week of internet searching and a lot of install and uninstalling to get MY solution.

thanks guys ;-)

AutoDesk have released a new version of the ac1st15.dll file that will resolve the issue with
ACAD caused an invalid page fault in
module AC1ST15.DLL at 0187:65fe1e3b.

Click here to download the file,

then replace it with the one in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared

should do the trick...

(I have also posted this is the autodesk forum as people are posting the same problem there...) Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Hello to All, this is my first time using this forum and I was impressed with the very useful replies to problems with NAV. I have installed and uninstalled NAV 2003Pro four times now because of conflicts it was causing with various programs which were working perfectly before I started with it. [Windows 98 SE on a Dell computer] I would like some help before installing it for the fifth time.
After the last uninstall an error message started to appear every time we start up the computer. Essentially what it says is that it :
"Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run Windows or a Windows application.

The Windows registry or SYSTEM.INI file refers to this device file, but the device file no longer exists."

The file it refers to is one which was mentioned previously in this thread. "Symevnt.386"
I found article 132008 in the Microsoft Knowledge base which refers directly to this error message and the last information near the end of the article is about deleting a file in the Registry. I don't want to tinker with the registry until I am sure that I should delete this file.

I've looked in the SYSTEM.INI and it was not there. But it is in the Registry under:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\ServicesSYMEVNT. In the right hand window this is what I see:
It's name is Static.VxD and the Data shows the path as C:pROGRA~1\Symantec\Symevnt.386. I am not sure if deleting this file will fix the problem or cause others. Any help would be appreciated.

Im not PC friendly. Much of what is discussed here is way beyond my knowledge base. My lost file is this SYMEVNT.386 that has messed up my PC for many months. It has come via the 2002 Norton Systemworks Professional Edition which fails to download properly. If this file was available I'd input it and then delete the whole damn Norton thing...it was delete the Roxio-Go Back set up ?What should I do(step by step,please)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back