Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Anti Virus 2002 and XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmcny

Programmer
Feb 26, 2002
US
I seem to be having an issue with Norton 2002 and XP. My computer is set up for two users, when the other user logs on, Norton does not start up and it hangs when they log off. They get the Norton not responding message, then we click end now...most times it will not allow the user to log off it causes the system to hang, we usually have to power down the computer. Any ideas as to what is happening?

Was Norton 2002 automaticly installed when you inserted the CD or did you use the add/remove programs in the control panel?
I'm thinking that if it was installed from the CD it may not have registered to all users. You may wish to uninstall the software and reinstall it using the add/remove programs option in the control panel.
I dont know if this will work or not but I do know that it has been a small issue with win2000 server. Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

Norton came preinstalled with the computer. I think my issue might have been Zone Alarm Personal Firewall. I guess XP comes with it's own personal firewall(that I really don't trust). I uninstalled the Zone Alarm and it seems to have eliminated the problem for now. I'll have to see if it returns. Thanks for the tip.

I'm glad to hear that your problem is resolve [thumbsup]
Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back