Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NORTEL'S VOIP GATEWAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contrast

Vendor
Oct 8, 2006
CA
I've spent a pile of hours messing around with the programming and trying to tie a VOIP gateway between a BCM1000 with VOIP trunking and a CICS 7.1.

Three problems
1. In calling into the CICS, with the trunks set to autoanswer (with or without DISA) all calls go to the prime set?

2. When calling from the CICS through the VOIP gateway into the BCM there is a delay before the digits seem to leave the gateway and get fired at the BCM?

3. I'm also not sure of how to define the digit tables in the VOIP Gateway as I would think that the BCM should send back a busy signal on invalid extensions and not have to screen all those out at the gateway? Invalid extensions just hang in silence?

Anyone with some quick setup sheets showing how the settings should be done for the gateway to give a quick processing?

Any info or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Just to add, by implementing Auto Attendant on the CICS, I managed to get the BCM Dialing directly to the extensions.

I still have the problem with dialing into the BCM from the CICS in that invalid extensions just hang in silence until 3 minutes, and then they go to a fast busy?

Any ideas from anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back