Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NortelCompact ICS 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceBergeron

Technical User
Oct 12, 2003
CA
TECH help! Installed a new ICS yesterday and can't record any messages in the CCR tree. I have both system answer and CCR turned off but when I try to record the greetings, The screen says "Try Later"

Any help?

No, I have standard software and everyone I've talked to so far says ALL Compact ICS software includes the Auto attendant and IRAD.

Anything else?

The IRAD software cartridge has to state specifically to have IRAD & of course more expensive. But only 1/2 the price of a RAD.

The meassge is only in the greeting with a limited greeting time length. Then you program the system what extension each tree prompt goes to. The "technical" tree greeting would then be the voicemail box personal greeting.

This concept was to be able to sell the limited "voicemail lite" on the flashes which did not provide any AA.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Software card needs to say "SIP" to have all the features.
S - standard software
I - IRAD enabled
P - Prompts enabled

This is a bit late but I had the supplier send me a new software card, popped it in and Voila! I could record!

Thanks for your help.

That’s because your previous cartridge was restricted software, as the previous posters had stated. It is common for internet sellers to send end users restricted/ old software, thinking they will never know the difference. I have seen it many times when someone buys from the internet, but has us install the equipment for them. I have also seen lots of mailboxes, power cords, and fiber cables, missing from the great deals people get when they buy Norstar equipment online.

I don't doubt that this is happening on the internet but I purchased direct from a Nortel dealer. The labling on the software was correct (SIP) but the date was a bit old. I will be buying more product and if I have problems will report back to you all and Nortel. I'm sure Nortel's shares are still taking enough of a beating that they still listen to consumers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back