Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel WLAN 2200 Access Point- out of sequence frame error 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LissaB

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2002
US
Hello,

I am trying to connect a laptop to a Nortel 2200 wireless access point and every time it tries to attach to the AP, the event log on the AP notes that "Authentication failed- out of sequence frame". I have tried to google this, but have come up with nothing. I cannot find any help on Nortel
s site, and also searched this forum and there are no posts on this topic that I can find. Could someone help me out here? I can connect to many other APs of the same model, just not this one.

I appreciate any assistance.

Lissa

Probably way, way to late for you, but upgrade to the latest software (1.3X I believe). There are issues in the 1.1X code that cause this error with certain NICs, especially Centrino nics.

Thank you so much! I did figure it out, but thank you for your help!

Lissa

By the way: Centrino nics are a problem for the 2230AP also.
There is new code on the Nortel website for the 2270 switch.

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

That is very interesting Rick! We have some new IBM T41s and that MAY be part of the issue. I believe they have centrino built in.

thank you!!
Lissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back