Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Wireless Security Switch 2382 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpsguard

Technical User
Nov 29, 2007
CA
I have a WSS2382 set up for auto RF channel to support VOIP phones. How can I lock the auto channels into fixed channels on all the APs simultaneously in the configuration thru command line interface or thru WMS management station?

Thanks

It can be done either via CLI or WMS. Example is below.

Make sure you have a decent idea of where the APs are so you don't overlap the B channels any more than necessary.

set radio-profile default auto-tune channel-config disable
set radio-profile default auto-tune power-config disable
set ap 2 radio 1 channel 11 mode enable tx-power 17
set ap 2 radio 2 channel 56 mode enable tx-power 19

Thanks biv343. Seems like my question was not clear. I already have the working system with channels set up via auto tuning. Now everything is working and stable, I simply want the auto assigned channels to all the APs to become fixed. So what will be the single or couple of commands to have all the 50 APs hardcode the present channels to the running configuration?

I want to do this as we are introducing VOIP phones and Nortel recomends to use statically assigned channels and not auto dynamic channels. I already have the power set up on all APs to be fixed at 50mw.

Thanks again and looking forward to your advice.

Easiest way is to find out what channels you're using today. Via CLI, type show ap stat t (or show dap stat t, if you have distributed APs and are on release 5.x).

There isn't any single command that will lock the APs where they are today. If I remember correctly, when you disable auto channel assignment, I believe all the APs revert to channel 1 or channel 6. You'd need to run through the config and set all the channel and power numbers manually as I mentioned in my first reply.

If you have a lot of APs, just make a text file with the commands, and chage the AP and channel number in each line, then paste that text into the CLI. Much easier than typing it out line by line.

Excellent responsse biv343. Someone had told me that there is a way to freeze channels from WMS, but I can not figure out. Anyway, as suggested by you, I can copy from show config set ap commands and make minir changes to insert channel numbers and paste back.

Appreciate all your help and God bless you.

Actually there is a single command to achieve what I wanted:

set radio-profile NAME auto-tune channel-lockdown

and then of course,

save config

Thanks

You get a star for that one. I've never run across that command before. Would have saved me a bit of time in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back