Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Wireless Security Switch 2382 MLT/SMLT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpsguard

Technical User
Nov 29, 2007
CA
Hi,

I need to set up two (redundant) 2382 wireless switches to connect each port of it to a different 5520 switch. Can someone please explain and provide required command set / example as to what needs to configured on two wired switches and also what needs to be configured on WSS 2382? WSS has the option of either having STP or not.

Thanks

Hi

You can use the commands below to create a link group to connect with ERS5500.

Suppose we want to use port 7 and 8 of WSS2300 to connect with ERS5500.

clear vlan 1 port 7-8
set port-group name MLT port 7-8 mode on
set vlan 1 port MLT

MLT on ERS5500:

mlt 1 member 1,3
mlt 1 loadbalance advance
mlt 1 enable

Appreciate your help and support.

While this is clear to me that MLT on Nortel is actually 802.3ad port aggregation called etherchannel on cisco or port group on trapeze / Nortel WSS, I am just confused and do not know how can I connect a port group of two ports on WSS to two different 5500 switches.

Thanks

After further reading, I was able to achieve this by setting port group (port aggregation, same as MLT) on Wireless switch and SMLT on the the two different 5520s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back