Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NORTEL VS. INTER-TEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jferris15

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2005
US
I need some advice from anyone that has a familiar background with both NORTEL and INTER-TEL. My company which is under 100 employees has been working with a NORTEL SL1 for quite a while now and we thought it was about time to upgrade. We were all set to purchase another NORTEL product since that is what we are familiar with until INTER-TEL gave us a quote that seems quite inticing. The problem is how do we know which is the better product?

NORTEL is offering us BCM400 with NetIQ Manager. Call Pilot is the Voice Mail Solution. The digital handsets they are including are: T7100, T7208 and T7316. (Total handsets needed would be around 75)

Total Price: $45.000

INTER-TEL is offering us an INTER-TEL AXXESS Digital PBX with release 9.0 networked software package and CPC 256 License. AXXESS Voice Processing Voice Mail Solution. Also, included are the model 8560, 8450, and 8250 digital telephones. (Again the same as above, 75 telephones would be needed.)

Total Price: $53.000

Both are offering 2 year warrantys and training.

While many other parts and accessories are included I am just providing a short summary of both. Please help me decide. This is a big purchase for our company.

Thanks!

both are good systems, check references of the companies proposing these systems.

Look at $$$$. What are the costs for service, Add-Ons, Moves.
Emergency calls? Look at features that YOU want. Not ones that want to provide. Do they provide a Maintenance Agreement? If so how much and renewal policy and for how long?

The reliability of systems today is great, it is the company supporting you that will be the issue.

Do you have a IP network ?If you have a IP infrastructure,the Nortel BCM can be integrated and you will have a range of solutions available.

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

The Inter-Tel has come a long way. We are about to install a 500 port ATM system and another 300 port system in 6 months. We will be runing ATM, IP phones, ACD, and UFCommucator. You will see a lot more of Inter-Tel in middle size regions.

I would look only at the service level from the vendor. I think both systems are great but what vendor supports you better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back