Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel VPN client 4.65d

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNilsson

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2003
NL
Hi all!

Just wondering if any have manage to get the 4.65d client to work as a user without any administrative/poweruser privilege.

and have any one manage to make a MSI package of this client?

/Nilsson

MrNilsson
We have encountered the same problem since we moved from 2.62.xx to 4.65.xx. The user must have local admin rights. I have formally issued a requirements document to Nortel (June 2nd) requesting that they change this as it is preventing us from 'locking down' PC configurations.
Cazulp

We created an executable not .msi.

Oh yeah, check the release notes for v4.65_26 page 24.

There fix is to log in as a user with admin priv's.

Use the 4.65 custom install to build your client as a service. The client will automatically load as a service or and app, based on the user. It also resolves the admin priveledges issue.

We've been using this for a few months now and it works great. Our build was 4.65_09

1911man - I had a look at page 24, its in reference to installing, not using. I have not downloaded 4.65.26 yet but will let you know the outcome of my testing. I do not hold out any hope that it solves the problem.

reissman - Except in rare circumstances, we run the Client as an Application. If you run it as a Service, the automatic interface with Entrust breaks down. I have asked Nortel to fix the Client so that it runs the same regardless as to whether its installed as an Application or a Service.

1911man and reissmann
I received confirmation yesterday from one of our testers that 4.65.26 does resolve the permissions problem when installed as an Application.
cazulp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back